Wow, what a wonderful learning experience! Within the last two years I have discovered what learning is, the many ways that our students learn, and how to differentiate teaching to ensure that the learning reaches all students.

There is one word that describes how I felt during orientation of 2019: inspired. I adored how passionate everyone was. Not only the professors who supported us on our journey, but through the other education students. Each person within our UNBC Education community has touched my life in some way. The professors who wanted all of us to succeed and reach our goal of becoming an educator, the powerful speakers that they brought in for our enrichment, the positive attitudes they have about the career that they have chosen. The professors selected to educate us throughout this program never failed to provide us with motivational influences and to remind us of the importance of positivity and having a growth mindset, something that has impacted my life outside of educating as well.

My fellow classmates: what a great community of friends pursuing the same goal! The support received from classmates, both within my triad and from friends in the program was immense. Everyone was so accepting and willing to help provide ideas and reflections for each other. It is easy to see how they selected the career that they are pursuing: it definitely shows within their patient and helpful personalities!

As for the courses, there were some wonderful experiences that I will carry with me. The 2020 Math Fair was something I think about extensively when planning math activities: having so many mini games to engage students in mathematical thinking was a great way to inspire creative lessons going forward. I also reflect on the Science lesson ideas that were provided, each one engaging and incorporating the element of fun! I am thankful for these courses, as they have inspired lessons and ideas that I have, and will continue to use in the future.

Overall, I would like to acknowledge that the Education Program at UNBC not only supported my goal of becoming a teacher but ensured that I felt supported and inspired while achieving it. I am thankful for the support received from both my professors and classmates. We are much stronger as a community!