Educators implement effective planning, instruction, assessment and reporting practices to create respectful, inclusive environments for student learning and development.

This standard was met through one of my practicum experiences. I had a fulltime Education Assistance in the classroom who I collaborated with to find safe and fulfilling activities for one of the learners. I also found it helpful to collaborate with my triad to find solutions to classroom situations, for lesson ideas, and for day plan input.

This standard includes effective planning which coincides with my organizational abilities. In my final practicum, I planned ahead through lists and sticky notes, ensuring all planning was done in order to lead a successful lesson.

To meet this standard, I also contributed to a Primary Report Writing Day that included going through assessments and having conversations with my coaching teacher about where in the learning rubric each student would fall. This required me to recall observations and my own assessments of the students to develop a report card.

I also wanted to share this self-assessment that I completed with my students. This required the students to check in with where their skills took them, and I found that almost every student had the same idea of where on the assessment they would land that I did!