Welcome to my E-Portfolio!

Good Unicorn Regular

Hello! My name is Freya Jonasson and this E-Portfolio is to document my journey as both a learner and as an emerging educator.

I grew up in Quesnel with my parents, my brother, and my sister.  I currently reside in Prince George on the traditional lands of the Lheidli T’enneh people. Prince George has been my home for the past five years. I am an avid hiker and I love to spend my free time exploring different trails, lakes, and campgrounds. Softball is one of my passions, an activity I found myself emersed in all through elementary and high school. I am completing my second year of the Bachelor of Elementary Education at the University of Northern British Columbia. Life is about learning and I am so excited to become a part of this community!

In this program thus far, I have completed two practicums. My first three-week practicum was in a grade 6/7 class. During this practicum, I developed my understanding of how to design lesson plans and how to access resources for unique and exciting lessons. Throughout the duration of my four-week practicum, I learned about the variety of student needs throughout the classroom. I implemented different assessment strategies aligning with these needs.

What I am most looking forward to when entering into this profession is developing my own learning from the students. It is important to acknowledge that the world is full of learning opportunities and experiences! Embrace the unknown, you never know what you might discover!